1. Modern Consoles Are Personalized
3. Saved Games
Saved games don't work the same way they used to work on older consoles. If I didn't want somebody to mess with my Final Fantasy or Legend of Zelda, I'd simply remove the game from the collection and hide it in the sock drawer. That's because all my progress was saved on the game itself. When games moved to a more digital format, saved games were stored on memory cards which were also simple to remove and hide. Now progress is saved on the console. This means that any old person can fire up your console and immediate start playing YOUR saved game...most likely screwing up your stats and forcing you to start over again from the beginning.
4. My Wallet
No I'm not talking about a physical wallet. I'm talking about a virtual one.
|It's the one that says Bad Mother...never mind|
5. Games Aren't Just For Kids Anymore
Wanna hear some interesting statistics:
- The average gamer is 35 years old and has been playing games for 13 years.
- The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 40 years old.
- 25% under 18 yrs, 49% 18-49yrs, 26% 50+ yrs (That's right 75% of gamers are adults)
- 45% (Everyone), 12% (Everyone 10+), 28% (Teen), 15% (Mature) (55% of games are made for ages 10 and up)
Are you picky about who you let mess with your video game system? Let me know about it in the comment section.