Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm Jingling!

I've been teasing you guys about this on Facebook for just over a week now.  Here's a little background before I being.  I discovered that the Virgin Islands Division of Personnel was holding a jingle contest.  At first I was meh.  Then I read the rules and discovered there's some serious cheddar at stake so I figured I'd punch out something.

I kinda surprised myself because it was really easy to write something.  Problem was I also had to sing it, record it and submit it.  Guys, seriously.  I was mortified at the though of doing this (which is super weird considering I host karaoke and am willing to sing almost any song thrown at me).
Well, on Saturday I managed to belt out my song.  I only did one take.  It took that much out of me that I wasn't ready to sing it any more than once.  I filled out the form and emailed that to the address provided along with the mp3 file and the lyrics to the jingle.  I had to resend the form (no they didn't ask me to) this morning because there was a signature space on it and I had to scan the form with my signature.

So now that I've officially entered, I'm ready to share this with you guys.  If I'm one of the 6 finalists you're going to hear it anyway so just consider yourselves in the know.

Looking Out For Me (Original Jingle by Hector A. Squiabro)

Government desk job
Don't move very much
Copying some papers
Then heading out to lunch

But GVI H.E.A.L.T.H. is looking out for me
Finding ways to stay healthy

They keep me in the network: dental, docs and meds
Evaluate my health risk so I can stay well fed
Then burn off all that energy with 10,000 steps a day
So I don't get diabetes, scurvy or dengue.

Join H.E.A.L.T.H. & Wellness they'll help you to get well
To get more information just check with Personnel
All you gotta do is just decide to commit
H.E.A.L.T.H. & Wellness program will help you to get fit.
Fun right?  Did you sing it in your head?  You probably didn't envision the jingle the way I did.  So, if you dare here's the audio of me singing it:



*blush*
If that audio doesn't load here's a direct link.

No comments:

Post a Comment