Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Good Thing I Did Research

Guys, I'm a sucker for a good deal.  So when I stopped into RadioShack this afternoon and saw the big CLEARANCE sign that's where I made my beeline.  One item in particular drew my attention.  This thing:
That's the Ion Discover DJ.  I'm not going to tell you how much it was going for, but I will tell you I held that thing in my hands for a good 10 minutes contemplating buying it.  I even ran the UPC using Price Rhythm.  Technically for a retail sale the price was good (even though I saw it for $20 less on eBay).

After arguing with the angel and devil on my shoulder I finally put it down and decided I'd go do some research first and if I like it I'll go back on the way home.  Good thing I did.  I found this handy video on YouTube that pretty much confirmed the one thing I was worried about in buying this.  Here's the video:



Did you catch it?  My problem was did it have a headphone port so I could listen to cued songs.  The answer was no.  I could have easily made that assumption because the freakin' thing has a crossfader but thanks to the video it pretty much confirmed that I'd have to add another sound card to do that...and that's way too much work when there's already units that do that for me.  Guess I'll be sticking with my Numark DJ IO for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment