Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Latest Innovation in BS

If it's one thing all my Facebook friends know about me is that I'm an unofficial Mythbuster.  I'm not as extreme as Adam and Jamie are, I just like keeping people in the know regarding the mountains upon mountains of BS floating around the Internet.  This is a service I provide solely to my friends and for anyone else lucky enough to be linked to my blog.  How do I do it?  Simple really.  I pretty don't trust anything I hear right off the bat and I do research.

But yeah, you're probably wondering why I've started yet another blog entry related to busting myths.  It's because I've notice a new innovation recently.  Some of these bogus stories have been bounce around the Internet for like 10 years now so it's not surprising that the people who purvey this crap have switched things up a bit.

Here's the latest trend in BS: Combining two or more untruths.  I think this was done with the intention of throwing off fact checkers.  See there used to be just one source per untruth but if you combine 2 or more you have to isolate and look up each individual part.  Here's an example I saw today (and I really hate to use it because it involves the ever hot button topic of politics):

FINALLY SOMEONE ASKED HIM THE QUESTION!
ON "ABC-TV" DURING THE "NETWORK SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE".... OBAMA WAS ASKED:
"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM
AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????"
THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS <>OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT !!!
IN ADDITION, A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THEIR RESPONSE WAS."WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT."
AND THEY DID. IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE "KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL" WAS WRITTEN INTO THE NEW HEALTH CARE REFORM INITIATIVE ENSURING THAT THAT CONGRESS WILL BE 100% EXEMPT !
SO, THIS GREAT NEW HEALTH CARE PLAN THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND I... IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA, HIS FAMILY OR CONGRESS...??
WE (THE AMERICAN PUBLIC) NEED TO STOP THIS PROPOSED DEBACLE ASAP !!!! THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG !!!!!
PERSONALLY, I CAN ONLY ACCEPT A UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL THAT EXTENDS TO EVERYONE... NOT JUST US LOWLY CITIZENS.... WHILE THE WASHINGTON "ELITE" KEEP RIGHT ON WITH THEIR GOLD-PLATED HEALTH CARE COVERAGES.
If you don't pass this around, may you enjoy his Plan!

WHAT???
The Republic has a CONSTITUTION???

Amendment 28

Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .

Imagine what we could do if everybody passed this around.
Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .

Imagine what we could do if everybody passed this around.
 I imagine we could fool a lot of people which is exactly what this is intended for.  Now part one of this ends at "If you don't pass this around, may you enjoy his Plan!".  It turns out that that part is Mostly False. I can only assume it's "mostly" because Barack Obama did indeed appear on an ABC special...but the name and what transpired are wildly distorted.

Part 2  involves the 28th Amendment.and it's a shorter version of what I've seen running around.  There is no 28th Amendment.  The US Constitution is currently at 27.  Congress did not try to exempt themselves from the Health Care Law and yes, they have to follow it too.

So I say this again as warning: Check everything your receive and check everything people share with you.  I'm trying to get everyone in the habit of being their own mythbuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment