Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Karaoke Report 3-12-12

Yet another wild night at Fatty's.

Epic Awesomesauce Moment


We had such an enthusiastic crowd last night it's really hard to pick just one.  I think that in itself deserves the Epic Awesomsauce crown.  But if I really had to pick just one moment, it would have to be midnight.  If you're a regular to the show, you know that we always kick off midnight by playing Shots by LMFAO. This is followed by a brief DJ set totaling about 4 or 5 songs (debuted I Fink U Freeky by Die Antwoord last night too; naaaiiilled iiiitttt!).  After the set somebody ask me what the last song I played was.  It was Loca People by Sak Noel.  I love it when I play something and someone likes it so much they ask me what it was.  That's just awesomesauce.

WTF Moment of the Night

Ok, this one was kinda weird.  Somebody had their bookbag behind the counter.  Apparently somebody friendly with the bar; friendly enough that they're allowed behind it.  So, like most of the guests he was quite inebriated.  I turn to get his bag and immediately go back to taking requests for songs.  It only took about 30 seconds but by the time I got back to my station I find that someone has lifted my beer.  See what happens when you don't open those things right away!

Buzzkill Moment of the Night

What are you looking at?  That, my friends, is one of the antennae of my microphone receiver.  It's bent.  No, I didn't bring it that way.  See the girl in the black and white dress kinda outside the focus.  Her boyfriend was beyond wasted and when I wasn't looking proceeded to start nibbling on the antennae.  Yes, nibbling.  The only thing he needed to be nibbling was his smoking hot girlfriend who, bless her heart, put up with him and even sang Barbie Girl with him.  *sigh* It's always the jerks that get the girl.

Gratuitous Party Pic

One of the tamer moments last night.  Note to self: Buy a smartphone with a flash and image balancing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment