Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Karaoke Report 3-5-12

Wow, last night was just one wild, crazy night. As opposed to these guys, who are just two wild and crazy guys:




Epic Awesomesauce Moment

In between singing sets I play bumper music.  Bumper music is designed to create ambient background noise so we don't get any dead air (because dead air is a buzzkill).  Generally I don't put much thought into what songs I pick as bumper music.  I just cue up something from my electronica collection.  Completely by accident I picked Macarena.  Imagine my surprise when the crowd dug it so much I had to turn it up and play the whole song.

WTF Moment of the Night

I had to clean up spills near my equipment THREE times last night.  It got so bad I started to ninja bottles before people had a chance to knock them over.

Buzzkill Moment of the Night

So the sound goes dark right in the middle of the entire crowd singing Party Rock Anthem.  Fortunately yours truly is a master troubleshooter.  Looked at the board; sounds fine.  Looked at the board in the back; yep still kicking.  Checked the speaker; still on.  Finally checked the cable going TO the speaker.  In all the raucous someone managed to unplug it.  Took me all of 30 seconds to figure out but still a major buzzkill (salutes).


Gratuitous Party Pic
One of the tamer moments last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment