Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Always Learning - Microsoft Office PDF Options

As knowledgeable as I am in computing, I acknowledge that there's always more to learn.  In this post I'm going to share with you one of my favorite PDF tricks and something I learned about Microsoft Office 2010 this week.

Making PDFs

It's really not as difficult as you think.  There are several free applications that will allow you to do so and several online resources.  I'm particularly fond of using DoroPDF.  When you install it it creates a virtual printer in your computer.  You can print from any application to create a PDF.


Now one question I get often is how can I save information entered into fillable PDF forms.  If you're experienced with filling out forms you'll know that unless you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat you can't save the info.  You can however print it.  With DoroPDF installed simply print to a new PDF.  Viola!  Saved!

Built-in PDF for Office 2010

Color me surprised on this.  I actually only found out about this this week!  Microsoft Office 2010 gives you the option to save documents in PDF.  It's as simple as expanding the Save As Type Menu and choosing PDF.

If that isn't ridiculously easy enough as it is you can go about it another way.  Just click on the File tab and choose Save & Send.  You've got options, baby!

For you 2007 users, you weren't left out.  You can download a free plugin to include the PDF option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment