Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Karaoke Report 5-7-12

Saturday (also Cinco de Mayo) was just plain epic.  There were chihuahua races, parties, comedy shows, boxing and playoffs on TV, etc.  So much so that I'm not surprised many of you didn't make it out to Fatty's last night.  To be fair, I was pretty close to not getting there myself (nah, not really but I really want to make you feel better about missing out. :) ).

Songs That Made The Bar Sing

This is an ongoing trend so I'll be listing songs that got the whole bar to sing every week.

1.  Santeria, Sublime
2. Total Eclipse of the Heart, Bonnie Tyler

Epic Awesomesauce Moment of the Night

I made it through a two hour DJ set and didn't repeat a single song.  Yay me!  (Yeah, it was that slow last night).

Buzzkill Moment of the Night

We finally got people in at midnight.  Which was cool, except for the one guy who right off the bat started making comments about the sound, the mic volume and the music volume.  It really bugs me when people do that.  First of all, do you have any idea how difficult it is to tune the music and mic to tailor each and every guest?  Besides volume, I keep all the settings the same.  If you want a tailored audio setup, get a recording contract or join a band and do the hours of sound check to get it right.  I've got mere seconds to make you sound as good as possible.  Secondly, I could have much better equipment...if I didn't have to continuously expose it to inebriated people who are likely to drop, trample, soak, nibble and otherwise find other creative ways of destroying my moderately price but still expensive equipment.

WTF Moment of the Night

Last night I had to park in the Marina Market lot.  I noticed a sign that said "Tootsy's" and made mention of being open from Thursday to Sunday featuring "GoGo Girls".  It's funny that I didn't make the connection right there.  Turns out the old Saint Nightclub is currently a strip club.  WTF!

Random Party Pics



No comments:

Post a Comment