Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dos Equis Man

You guys seem to like when I mess with the memes so I thought I'd put another one out there. 






You can make your own Dos Equis image here.

What does it mean?  Well it's a tribute to DC Universe Online.  Last night we wanted to run The Courthouse which is a tier 3 alert (I realize from here on out you'll have no idea what I'm talking about unless you play the game so indulge me in my gamer geekiness).  Problem was we had two healers who wanted to run it...and I was one of the healers.  Normally, a balanced team for alerts consists of one of each of the 4 available roles in the game: healer, controller, tank and DPS (Damage Per Second).

Healers keep the group alive, healing damage inflicted by enemies.  Controllers keeps up the group's power allowing members to perform special abilities more often.  Tanks are tough characters that get in the face of enemies and draw their attacks away from weaker members.  Finally, DPS is your fighter role.  Their job is to be super strong and inflict the most damage on the enemy.

Back to last night, since I didn't initiate the request to run the alert I volunteered to switch to DPS.  This was the first time I had to play a harder level alert in DPS mode.  I don't think I did to bad.  However DPS as a healer is A LOT of work.  You see, my abilities that are normally used for healing become power enhancements in a damage role.  But to do the kind of damaged I'd like to do I have to activate 3 different power ups about every 10 seconds.  Let's just say my fingers were thoroughly sore after that session and I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment