Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Karaoke Report 6-4-12 (Day Late, Dollar Short Edition)

Yep, it's a day late but only because I was considering axing this report altogether.  But the fans doth protest too much so here I am back at it. ;)

Songs That Made The Bar Sing

F@&k Her Gently, Tenacious D
Your Love, The Outfield

Epic Awesomesauce Moment of the Night

Remember all those issues I had with the new computer and the TV mounted in the bar.  Well, on a whim I decided to try again.  Lo and behold the image held for the majority of the night only flickering on and off a few times.  I'm think perhaps it's the cable I got and maybe purchasing a better cable might clear up those issues permanently.  Also, I've been beta testing Android emulation software and I found that it was messing with my overall outputs (audio and video) so I've disabled that permanently.

WTF Moment of the Night

I brought my own TV for nothing.  Like I needed more gear to lug around.

Buzzkill Moment of the Night

People don't seem to understand just how sensitive wireless microphones are in terms of their signal strength.  Did you know that if you hold certain brands of cellular phones near a microphone that when someone calls you it makes this annoying noise?




Well, neither do my patrons.  And no, I can't shield the wiring in the microphones.  Therefore, leave the phones in your pocket when you're on stage.  I had to temporarily commandeer one that night.


Random Party Pic


No comments:

Post a Comment