Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Karaoke Report 6-25-12

It was another interesting night at Fatty's.  Once again I had to compete with an event filled weekend this time including Relay For Life and St. John Carnival.  We still had a fun night.

Epic Awesomesauce Moment of the Night

I know my pics are awful, but old cell cam + bad lighting = this.  I'm sure though you can make out who's in the pic.  That's Sandra Goomansingh of News 2 fame.  We've known each other since our wilder days hanging out at Iggie's Beach Bar & Grill where I actually used to host sometimes.  If she knew I posted this she'd probably be embarrassed but how often do I get celebrities at my show. ;)

Buzzkill Moment of the Night

Would you believe there were more people hanging out when I got there then when I actually started?  Weird how people can get a sense of what's coming and flee like rats leaving a sinking ship.  LOL! (I just died a little inside at that).  We got enough new folks to replace them though so it was all good.

WTF Moment of the Night

Wow, I actually got some people from my Johnny's crowd to come all the way up to Red Hook (Cheap plug: I'll be hosting karaoke at Johnny's Inn in Barbel Plaza this Friday night from 8-11).  I tell everyone that my Fatty's crowd is usually pretty rowdy.  It was cool to have a mellow balance.  One moment we were doing 80s pop, another we were doing Motown, and then back to death metal.  Sometimes though I had to get creative with the ordering.  My rotation system is pretty set in stone but too many slow songs in a row can actually drive customers away, even if they're well sung.

Random Party Pic

Would you believe this guy was singing "Call Me Maybe"?

No comments:

Post a Comment