Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Karaoke Report 7-16-12

It's time for another installment of the best karaoke recap 3 hours of sleep can buy.  We had a fairly busy night at Fatty's and a pretty diverse crowd.  So here we go.

Epic Awesomesauce Moment of the Night

I got a compliment on my DJ sets.  It meant a lot to me considering that a) I tried out A LOT of new songs last night that people probably haven't even heard yet and b) the guy is a regular who comes Fatty's regularly.  If you know me personally, you know how easily a good compliment can fluster me.  I spent more time crediting other DJs and illustrating how everyone has different styles.

Oh, did I mention that karaoke got a feature on the outside chalkboard?  That was hot.

Buzzkill Moment of the Night

I often say that karaoke really isn't for little kids (I'm talking toddlers here).  Kids don't need karaoke to have fun and don't particularly care what you flash them on the monitor.  They're more entranced by hearing their voice on the loudspeaker.  You probably get where I'm going with this.  We had a guest last night who twice would not give me a song and left me to pick whatever for him.  Both times I watched him not even taking the songs seriously.  It occurred to me on the second go round he just wanted to hear himself sing "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" over and over again.  One of the other guests made the mistake of handing him the microphone again later and that was the last straw for the bartender.

WTF Moment of the Night

Why are there so may guys into singing "Call Me Maybe"?  I got two requests for that song last night and both times they were perpetuated by guys.  I'm baffled by this.

Random Party Pics

Would you believe I just did a Google search for "karaoke report" and my blog entries top the list?  And these crappy pics I keep taking for this blog are way at the top of the image search too.



No comments:

Post a Comment