Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Karaoke Report 7-30-12

Good morning again, my little karaoke fiends.  Time for another installment of the Karaoke Report.  All the fun stuff I can remember on just 3 hours of sleep. :)

We had a pretty decent night at Fatty's.  I always know when I get so many requests for songs I don't even get to sing one myself.  Ok, so here we go.

Epic Awesomesauce Moment of the Night

This is the first time I've ever had guests so good that I got tipped just to replay their song.  In case you were curious I , the song was "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" by Barry White.  It was fun teasing the women in the crowd by promising them a Magic Mike moment when I started playing "Do Me!" by Bel Biv Devoe and started calling the guys back to the stage.  I think I actually heard hearts shatter when I told everyone I was just kidding.

WTF Moment of the Night

More like the WTF Moment of the Day.  So I just got a new phone.  It takes awesome pictures.  I took a few last night, but they just disappeared.  Really, they're just gone.  So no random party pics today.  Bummer.

Buzzkill Moment of the Night

Too many whiners last night.  Y'know I try really hard to get everyone on stage and give everyone all the songs they ask for but sometimes it seems like people will just complain regardless.  I'm coming up with so many new policies I might have to at some point add them to my song rotation rules.  I'm currently rethinking letting people submit multiple songs at once (some people seem to think if they submit all their songs it's a guarantee they'll actually get to sing all of them; not if the rotation gets big).

Featured Song

Here's a new category I'm trying out.  Every week I'll pick a song that I liked and post up a corresponding YouTube video.  This week I'm going with (don't hate me for this one) Macarena:


No comments:

Post a Comment