Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Karaoke Report 7-23-12

We had stiff competition last night from The Battle of the Bands.  Would you believe that the Big Bambooz was open when I was packing up to leave at 2 am? Yep, very unusual for a Sunday night.  We didn't do too bad though.  We had a really active night of karaoke.  I can tell because my total DJ sets didn't even get close to 30 minutes.

Epic Awesomesauce Moment of the Night

Remember how I said in previous entries that I pride myself on bringing things to the crowd they've never seen or heard before.  Well last night I made good on that.  For a long time I've gotten requests for Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show and Down With The Sickness by Richard Cheese.  We I finally got them and both were requested last night.  I found them at Karaoke Version and it's going to be my new go to spot when people give me requests for weird songs that aren't going to be in the mainstream karaoke circuit.

WTF Moment of the Night

They make ONE movie about male strippers and THIS kind of madness ensues at karaoke.



Buzzkill Moment of the Night

A couple years ago I lost a friend and Fatty's lost a security guard.  We still miss Edward Craig Jacobs.  My memories of him at Fatty's was his love of a particular song; the only song he'd ever sing at karaoke:  Meet Virginia by Train.  Someone requested that song last night and it brought back fond memories of Craig.  I hope he's not giving them too much trouble on security detail at the Pearly Gates.

Random Party Pics

This is the "before" pic.



No comments:

Post a Comment